Friday, November 21, 2008

Nature's Curator

I was approached last week by a company called Nature's Curator. Having read some of this blog they wanted me to test out their product. Yesterday, I received a small bottle of this liquid which is diluted and sprayed onto your plants. It only takes 10ml to mix with a litre and they state that it is completely organic. This stuff is not a fertilizer nor a pesticide but is supposed to stimulate both growth and resistance. They have asked me to perform a six week trial complete with photos. As well as giving them the information that they need I will also be logging results here. Yesterday I sprayed two tomato plants (one the Black Krim with which I have so many problems and the other a moneymaker which is the same size now as the others in my deck planter; and two broccoli plants, one the same size as the other in my square foot garden and the second a little larger but much abused by slugs). No change this morning - but I really didn't expect results quite so quickly, hehe!
I am interested to see if this product will work as claimed and you can be sure that you will get an honest review here. If anybody has other products that they would like to have reviewed I am happy to do so but with the warning that I will be completely honest and I refuse to endorse anything that does not live up to expectations. Bear in mind too that this blog is about organic gardening so I don't want to try any chemical solutions.

2 comments:

Diāna said...

Great, keep us informed! I am very cautious when trying out "organic" fertilizers and/or pesticides, in this day and age it's hard to tell who to trust. More often than not I end up using nothing or some manure or peat just because I'm paranoid of all kinds of chemistry. So it's great reading your blog and how you deal with that kind of matters.

Paul Callaghan said...

I'm sceptical too about the number of things that are supposedly organic or eco-friendly or green. Manure, compost, seaweed and coffe grounds are about it for me usually but I hate turning down freebies
Paul