Saturday, February 20, 2010

Bring on Autumn

Has this summer been total crap in the garden or what? I have had heaps of flowers on the tomatoes and have eaten one.
The beans and peas gave up after one pod each.
I planted lettuce and by the time I turned around with the watering can it had gone to seed.
My strawberries have been delicious but between battling the slugs, the birds and the kids I have barely seen them. The raspberries did well in that week when the sun came out but nothing since.
On the positive side the silverbeet has done well and I have plenty of herbs. The pumpkin are showing all the signs of fruiting well but I am a little worried about the moisture rotting everything. I have new lettuce in which seems to be doing much better and my new mandarin tree has plenty of fruit.
I hope that my cabbages do better over the autumn and winter

No comments: